Air purifiers are one of the best investments you can make for your home. They offer protection against harmful pollutants in the air. In fact, they can actually remove up to 99.97% of particles in your home. According to Healthline.com, air filters can remove various airborne allergens such as dirt, dust mites, pollen, bacteria, mold, and other microorganisms. Today, you can find a wide variety of air filters.
However, selecting a quality product can be a challenge. To make it easier, here the 4 top rated home air purifiers on the market:
1. Alen BreatheSmart Classic Large Room Air Purifier
The BreatheSmart is a state-of-the-art device that has proven to help with people with asthma and allergies. It removes mold, pet dander, dust, pollen, germs, and other particulates. The Alen BreatheSmart Classic Large Room Air Purifier is best for large and extra-big rooms.
- Smart sensor technology
- User friendly display panel
- Ultra quiet with 4 fan speed settings
- A true HEPA-Odorcell filter that eliminates strong odors
Cons are as follows:
- A little noisy
- A touch on the expensive side
2. Blueair Blue Pure 211+
The Blue Pure 211+ is an enhanced filtration system that removes 99% of particles in the air such as bacteria, mold, viruses, dust, pollen, pet dander, profuse odors, and other air contaminants. The innovative device has the capacity of 161 sq. ft. cleaning power and 120 cubic ft. /minute. In addition, it is very efficient and uses only 1.5 watts. What’s more, the Blueair Blue Pure 211+ is extremely quiet and works well in your bedroom while you sleep.
Pros are as follows:
- High air flow with low noise level
- Carbon filter remove intense odors
- Washable pre-filter captures large particles
- A 3-part filtration system that removes 99% of common airborne pollutants
- Size is larger than most air filters
- Not as effective on low speed setting
3. Philips Smart Air Purifier
The Smart Air Purifier offers revolutionary sensing and an advanced purification system. It has been proven to drastically reduce allergens, certain bacteria, odors, and gases. It is equipped with a true HEPA filter for removing particles, and an active carbon filter to eliminate odors and gases. In fact, it constantly monitors the air and instantly adjusts the fan speed when certain particle levels are detected. The Philips Smart Air Purifier is easy to use and is ideal for both home and office use.
- Ultra quiet – ideal for small and medium sized rooms
- Offer 3 automatic purification settings: general, extra- sensitive, NightSense
- Have a True Hepa Air Purifier for air contaminants and an Active Carbon filter for odor
- High tech air quality sensor that detects any change in air quality, then adjusts accordingly
- Replacement filters are expensive
- Replacement filters are hard to find
4. Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Air Purifier
The Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Air Purifier is an extra-large device designed for bigger rooms. It removes up to 99.97% of microscopic allergens and has 3 air cleaning levels that help remove particles. In fact, the ultramodern design filters and circulates the room up to 5 times an hour. Not only does it improve air quality but it neutralizes odors for cleaner and fresher air.
Pros featured are:
- Removes up to 99.97% of airborne particles
- Helps remove allergens, dust, viruses, & odors
- 3 air cleaning levels plus a Turbo Clean setting
- Extra-large air purifier designed for rooms up to 465 Square Feet
Cons include the following:
- Noisier than most air filters
- Takes a while to get rid of “new“ smell
No matter which air filter you decide on, the quality of air in your home or office will be greatly improved. In fact, you will notice the fresh and clean air almost immediately.