Mascara is an eye makeup product that is used to give the eyelashes a more defined, thicker, longer, and more luscious look. This product helps open up the eyes and make them appear dramatic and bold. It is the ultimate makeup product for providing perfect length and volume to the eyelashes. Here’s a list of different things that you need to know about mascara to ensure that you not only pick the right one from the beauty store, but also use it like a pro:
1. Different types of mascara
Mascara comes in different types that may affect the finishing look of your lashes. Keep these types in mind when trying to achieve a particular look:
- Volumizing mascara: The volumizing mascara is a crowd-favorite as it thickens the lashes and gives them ultimate fullness.
- Lengthening mascara: With lengthening mascaras, you can give your eyelashes an elongated look. This particular type is best suited for women who have short lashes and would like to make their lashes appear long and luscious.
- Curling mascara: These mascaras give the right amount of curve to the lashes and make them look stunning. Also, the formula of this type helps hold a curl for a long period.
- Clump-free mascara
Say goodbye to unsightly clumps with this type of mascara. Specially formulated to address the common concern of clumping the mascara, the clump-free mascara gives your lashes a clean and clear look.
- Water-resistant mascara: This prevents the mascara from smudging and spreading to the skin. It is also a perfect makeup companion for the summer days.
- Washable mascaras: These are the best makeup products that provide full coverage for a short period. However, if you want long-lasting coverage, then pick a water-resistant mascara that ensures your lashes look luscious throughout the day.
2. Application tips for mascara:
- Step 1: Use an eyelash curler
Use an eyelash curler to give your lashes a curly shape before applying a coat of mascara. Curly lashes look luscious and help create dramatic eyes.
- Step 2: Coat your upper lashes
Dip the wand in the bottle and use it to coat your upper lashes. When it comes to the application of mascara, it is essential to start it from the roots and then gradually move the ward in an upward direction.
- Step 3: Coat your lower lashes
Follow up by applying the mascara to the lower lashes to finish the look. Make sure to just apply a little bit of the product on to the lower lashes to prevent smudging.
- Step 4: Use a cotton swab to wipe out extra mascara
Take a cotton swab and gently remove the extra product from the eyelashes to give them a naturally beautiful look.
3. Must-know mascara care
- It is highly recommended to replace the mascara every 3 or 4 months.
- Using old eye makeup products like mascara may lead to allergic infections.
Add the right mascara to your makeup kit and use it to achieve perfectly defined eyelashes that look luscious and long. Pick the one that best suits your beauty needs and use it to give your eyes a gorgeous look. Apply it like a pro and make your eyes stand out.